Sunday, January 31, 2010

Chocolate Chip brownies

As requested by a friend, I made these brownies for our gathering yesterday.I seldom made brownies as their calories content are pretty high and I am afraid I ll consume many of them after baking. I am a big fan of brownies and it's hard for me stop once I started the first bite LOL.My brownies were well received and my dear friend ,BB, really enjoyed them. Brownies is her favorite as well.

For this time, I used HHB's Brownies recipe but did minor modifications to the recipe.

Ingredients

-125 grams semi-sweet chocolate
-200 grams caster sugar
-120 grams butter
-3 Eggs (at room temp)
-5ml vanilla extract
-65 grams flour (sifted)
-60 grams cocoa powder(sifted)

Method

  1. Melt butter and chocolate in a stainless steel bowl (placed over a sauce pan of simmering water).
  2. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg ,sugar and vanilla extract until it reaches to ribbon like stage.
  3. Pour in the butter-choco mixture and mix well using spatula.
  4. Fold in the flour/cocoa powder gently.
  5. Pour the batter into 8"x8" baking tin (greased and lined with parchment paper) and sprinkle some choco-chip on top .Bake for about 30mins in 180 degree preheated oven.
  6. Cool it completely in the tray.
  7. Cut it into your preference size and ready to serve. Enjoy!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look tall, dark, and handsome. That's the way I like my brownies and men. :)